Prayer Update on Bill Turner
Sat., Nov. 20. 2021 1:31pm EST
Nine weeks ago, we shared an urgent prayer request on behalf of ApX fan Lynn Turner of Ontario, Canada, whose husband, Bill, began experiencing symptoms of COVID on August 29 and was put on a ventilator on September 11.
We received this latest update from Lynn last night:
It was a really rough week. This past Monday, I went to see Bill and found out he has developed "drop foot" in both feet. So I was asking the nurse questions about that condition and if it was reversible and, if not, would he drive eventually? The nurse said it may or may not be reversible.
When I asked if Bill would be able to drive, the nurse said, even if the drop foot wasn't an issue, he may not be able to drive. I asked why, and the nurse said, because Bill may not wake up, and if he does, he may not have use of his arms or legs or both. That was a very hard day.
Wednesday, they did another CT scan, because he still wasn't waking up (no one will give me a clear answer on the exact date he was taken off sedation, but I believe it was around November 8) and they wanted to rule out any stroke or brain bleeds. They also did a CT scan of his chest to check for pulmonary embolisms. Praise the Lord both of those came back clear.
But he still wasn't awake. So Thursday, they planned to do an MRI and called me to do the screening questions. Then, Thursday night, I got a call from the nurse saying they decided not to do the MRI because "he opened his eyes and seemed to be responding to pain stimulation." The nurse also said he was on his way to the hospital closer to me.
Today's repost stated he has opened his eyes but is not following commands. And they plan to give him a few days to see if he comes out of it more if not they will do more tests. There was mention that he could be taking so long to come out of it due to his kidneys being shut down, and they can't filter the drugs out of the system, so it may take him some time.
This is the first time I have had two reports of him opening his eyes two days in a row. So I am feeling a little glimmer of hope. I am trying to be optimistic and trust that the Lord's timing is never wrong, but this is sooooo incredibly hard.
If all goes well, I will be seeing Bill on Monday and maybe I will get to see his blue eyes.
Please join us in continuing to pray for Bill and Lynn. Thank you.